1.About his teen years:
- "At some point, you realize your parents are human. They make the best decisions they can with the options available to them".
- "I remember I'd come home from fifth, sixth grade, and I'd watch 'Saved by the Bell' and be like, 'I hope my high school experience is like that'. And it totally wasn't. It sucked".
- "I've worked as a laborer, driven taxis and school buses, and been a car mechanic - whatever I could do just to get by. But it does mean that I know a little bit about a lot of things".
2.About his hobbies:
- "I'm a pretty good snowboarder but a terrible surfer".
- "I don't read that many novels, I'm more of a nonfiction fan".
- "I play a lot of ultra-violent video games".
- "When the 'Glee' audition came around, my manager literally had to talk me into it. I was petrified to sing in front of anyone".
- "I'm pretty focused on my career, and if it comes down to hanging out with somebody or learning my lines, it's gonna be learning my lines".
- "I'm a big fan of 'Glee'. I think it's really smart. And I think it's well-timed. But you can't not be surprised at the reception this show's received. It's really something else".
4.About staying down-to-Earth:
- "I see the people in the tabloids, the ones that get bad press, who have kind of gone off the edge, and I try to study them so that I don't do that. It seems like they lost focus at some point - that's the one thing they all have in common".
- "I keep a pretty low profile. I live in Culver City with some roommates. I don't do the whole 'Hollywood' thing".
- "I don't need to be wildly famous for my life to make sense".
- "If people are taking pictures of me at Starbucks, it's not the end of the world. It's cool, it's fun, it's exciting".
5.The motivational quotes:
- "I think if you show up and you work hard and you're straightforward, you can always create your own opportunities. I hope I'm right".
- "Just be yourself, because that's enough for me".
- "Life's too short to be serious".
- "Be nice to everyone, always smile, and appreciate things, because it could all be gone tomorrow".
6.The heartbreaking quotes:
- "I want to get married and have children and live happily ever after. That's important to me".
- "I'm lucky on so many counts - I'm lucky to be alive".
- "I say eat fast and die young".