In the first 2 episodes of the sixth and last season, that both aired on January 9, the whole gang is back in Lima, Ohio. Here's a recap of the most important parts:
- As Principal Sue Sylvester has banned all the art programs at William McKinley High-School, Mr Schuester, former "New Directions" coach, was forced to transfer to Carmel High and train the ennemies, "Vocal Adrenaline".
- After her pilot episode turns out to be the worst in TV history, Rachel Berry comes back home in order to figure out plans for her future. When she finds out about Mr Schue's new job, she decides to bring back the Glee club at her old school.
- Having broken off their engagement, NYADA drop-outs Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson go their separate ways: the former is helping Rachel take over the "New Directions", while the latter is training the "Warblers" and dating Dave Karofsky.
- As for Sam Evans, who was once an underwear model in New York City, he is now Coach Beiste's assistant and trains the McKinley Titans.
- In order to recruit new singers for the club, Kurt and Rachel ask the former members to help, and it quickly turns into a friendly reunion of the original characters. With the return of Sam, Mercedes, Artie and Tina; Puck in his US Navy suit; Quinn, Santana and Brittany in their old cheerleading uniforms - the whole gang is reunited.
And that's what you missed on Glee!
Among the performances, you'll find a Warblers cover of Sing (Ed Sheeran), a Cheerleaders cover of Problem (Ariana Grande), a Rachel solo of Frozen's Let It Go, and a New Directions group number of Aha's Take On Me.
A lovely beginning of the end. To be continued...